Good Morning Father,
Its day 11 of the 21 days of prayer and fasting. The statement "I Trust the Lord", the questions "do you really trust the Lord?" "do you really depend on HIM?" Inhaling, Exhaling, Inhaling, Exhaling...I feel like Peter, when the Lord was asking him, do you love me? He ask him this question repeatedly...Leaving Peter a bit exasperated...You know ALL things Lord, you know I love YOU...
The title of my Journal is TRUST! Some 20 years ago on my birthday, Jan 8th. My husband and I were on our way out to dinner, when I received a call from Credit Card company, the gentlemen on the line said. "Hello, Mrs. Robinson, I just want to confirm your purchase for $5000" That was the beginning of several more purchases and several more phone calls. In one night... "I had purchased over $30k worth of merchandise." For weeks I received credit card statements in the mail. Some with personal notes, "Happy Birthday, I hope you enjoy your new diamond bracelet" In that season, I felt so vulnerable and violated. My emotions swung. Anyone who has ever had their identity stolen, knows the road back is not always an easy process.
A few years prior to this event, I had to go a court to pay a traffic violation. Standing in line, waiting my turn to pay my ticket, I kept observing people coming out from the back offices staring at me. After, I paid my ticket, the clerk ask me if I wouldn't mind having a seat, there was some thing she needed to confirm. I sat for over an hour waiting, one by one people kept coming out and peeking at me. I later learned, that someone who looked just like me had been involved in several bank robberies. Apparently, everything about me, matched her... fear rising in me...I had done nothing wrong, what if I am held responsible for something I didn't do? After, what felt like a life time of waiting...A detective came out and gently spoke this words. "we are so sorry for the confusion, it turn out that the other woman had a distinctive birthmark on her face" I didn't...
Situations like these, and many more life circumstances throughout the years...I have found great comfort in knowing that I have someone that I can depend. Someone who can fight my battles, be the source of all that I have need of, someone that know matter what life deals me, will never leave or forsake me. Someone that can declare without a shadow of doubt... this thing happening to you is working out for your good! The circumstances of my life have drawn me closer to my Father! For over 20 years, daily I remind myself through every journal entry..."I TRUST YOU LORD"
With this resolve, I have a peace that can never completely articulate. Instead of living in fear of "what if"... I live in a FREEDOM that declares...BUT GOD!
.
..YOU CAN TRUST HIM TOO!
No comments:
Post a Comment